In support of partnership opportunities to drive SVHPPP and enhance our Healthcare ecosystem, the Hartnell College Foundation is an independent, non-profit corporation organized by community-spirited citizens in 1979 to support the students, faculty, staff, and programs of Hartnell College by garnering corporate, foundation, and private support for the college.
For additional information, please visit the Hartnell College Foundation website at: http://hartnellfoundation.org/.
For funding opportunities, please contact Jackie Cruz, Vice President of Advancement and Development and Hartnell College Foundation at contact info listed below. Remember, your gift makes a difference!
Salinas Valley Workforce Development Intermediary Advisory Board (SVWDIAB)
Working in partnership with the Cities of Salinas, Gonzales, Soledad, Greenfield and King City, the Board works together to address regional workforce development issues in the areas of Healthcare and Ag/AgTechnology. The Board is comprised of representation from the five cities and has an Executive Director that is managed by Hartnell College to drive these regional workforce development solutions. In addition, the Board provides direction to the Executive Director.
The Goals of the Partnership for the Executive Director include:
- Assessing of workforce demand through qualitative and quantitative analysis among agriculture and healthcare employers
- Assessing existing education and training programs and support services to develop a workforce development asset map/inventory
- Determine gaps between workforce demand and workforce training and implement plans to fill those gaps
- Seek out best practices and assess appropriateness for entire region
- Recruit and maintain relationships with partners, manage and continue to improve core terms of employers and educational institutions and community organizations for sector industries
The Board meets on the 4th Monday of the month at 1:30pm and follows the regional Mayoral meeting schedule, however the SVWDIAB meets on a bi-monthly basis.
For more information, please contact Rosie I. Armstrong, Executive Director to the Board and Director of Workforce Development: Agriculture and Healthcare Sector Partnerships at Hartnell College.
SVHPPP Co-Hosting of
Healthcare Summit with
Monterey Bay Economic
May 14, 2018
Hartnell College Main Campus
411 Central Avenue
Salinas, CA 93901
Bldg. C, Student Center, Steinbeck Hall
Join Hartnell College and Monterey Bay Economic Partnership (MBEP) in our first Co-Hosting of Health Care with focus on Salinas Valley Health Professions Pathway Partnership (SVHPPP) as we discuss:
- Workforce Trends – local and statewide
- Salinas Valley Health Professions Pathway Partnership Enhancements
- Future of Healthcare Workskills
Interactive Roundtable Session with your fellow colleagues in our Healthcare Ecosystem. You can register at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2018-employer-summit-tickets-38856145778